Thursday, November 15, 2012

Color and composition.

We've been here for over a week now and I have to use this format for my  blog for another 8 days.

This blog format is probably a little easier to use but I've been with Typepad for so long now its part of my daily regime so I will stick to it.

This is our annual holiday, but one never puts aside the creative aspect of your personality. I, personally  have no control over 'composing'. Its a nice way to look at things.....

Today I'm going to 'collect color and composition.


I love this chair its in the Viceroy  Hotel at the Ferrari Track in Abu Dhabi.
The wooden legs and back frame are painted the same color as the fabric.... what a great Idea.
It looks fabulous.




Even better in two's against that fabulous wall.





This is the ceiling.... I would love to try this, lights play on the drapes and give a soft flow to the fabric.





The internal walls in the passages and restaurants were this design which appeared to change at every direction you looked.
It was just amazing... it made me think about the way we view things. Could you do this with a quilt?

I think so.




My Sister does Hanji, Cutting intricate designs from paper and cardboard.
I will do the same pattern in fabric.... should be interesting. !!!

 How a space is designed sets things in motion for how people feel, interact and experience the world around them.
How do we want our spaces to serve us?
What makes us comfortable.  There are so many examples here... I almost don't know where to begin.

Even the composition of the skyline is amazing here.... windows reflect off the sky and other buildings. everything is pleasing to look at. Is that the Idea behind all this beauty.?



No comments:

Post a Comment