Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beautiful Dubai

I woke this morning to white light.
The entire side of our room is window and I always leave the curtains open... blinking through the brightness, I fell back onto the pillow  not recognising just where we were for a few minutes.
Looking out the same window last night was a sea of lights in black space.
This morning, was a view of the river and the dhows moored at the dock.
"Thats right, we're in Dubai"

I'm led to believe that you can't see in the window, just out... !!!

Dubai is also known for souk districts located on either side of the creek. Traditionally, dhows from East Asia, China, Sri Lanka, and India would discharge their cargo and the goods would be bargained over in the souks adjacent to the docks. Many boutiques and jewellery stores are also found in the city. Dubai is known as "the City of Gold" and Gold Souk in Deira houses nearly 250 gold retail shops, and our hotel is right just a short walk away.

My aim while here is to

1. Photograph
2. Discover Textiles and artifacts
3. Spend time with family.
4. Give a lecture and share with my Quilting friends.
5. Travel to the desert, film the camel races and anything else that suddenly comes our way.
However today I was a not in the best form after 18 hours of travel...

Tomorrow I will be jumping and feeling much better.
It was a hot day, and it will take a little time to acclimatise.





Traditional Air conditioning.




Reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment